Live At Kent & Sussex Poetry Society, Tuesday Feb.20th






Tuesday's reading in Tunbridge Wells was very well received indeed by a lively and responsive audience. There were lovely open mics from members and I made some interesting connections with poets there. So a big thank you to Dave, Veronica, Jess, Mara and all the committee for giving me such a  warm welcome. It was also being live streamed to members in USA & Australia. What an honour.




When I read my poem about waitressing at Ronnie Scotts Jazz Club, what were the chances of discovering that both the chairman and an audience member saw a show I appeared in there back in 1975?  Memories were cdertainly stirred. It was an all female pre-punk cabaret, The Sadista Sisters, with Jude Alderson, Teresa Dabreux, Linda Marlow, Jackie Taylor.  (I'm the one in a blonde wig).







My next port of call will be Southanpton on March 9th. See previous blog for details.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legacy of Trauma